Each January, I ditch the resolutions and de riguer goal-setting for something more impactful.
I refresh my 3-year vision.
Wanna join me?
Great. Let’s break it down.
In order to create a life we love, we must first clearly identify WHO WE WANT TO BE NEXT and then take action toward becoming that person in our vision.
This process isn’t about figuring it all out in our heads. It’s about feeling it in our hearts and emotions.
Every great vision starts with this question, “What would I love?” Once you’ve answered it, you’ll start to notice how the universe begins to organize itself around your vision.
Here are the top 5 tips to creating a powerful vision:
- Take time to daydream. What gets you fired up? What’s a perfect day? Your vision should feel electric.
- Put your vision 3 years in the future. My mentor says 3 years is the sweet spot. We always overestimate what we can do in 1 year and underestimate what we can do in 5 years. Three years is the perfect runway.
- Speak your vision from your future self: “I’m so happy and grateful now that…”
- Describe your vision in rich, sensory details. How are you showing up? How do you spend your time? What impact are you creating in the world? How good does it feel to be you in your body, in your business, career, and relationships? What conversations are you having?
- Most importantly, stay positive. your vision is about how you’re expanding and what you’re growing into. It’s not the place for fixing or focusing on what’s missing. Start from the place where you have everything you need and old wounds are healed. Given that, what’s next for you?
Next, let’s put your vision into action:
- Who are you BEING in your vision and how can you create that now? Are you generous, grateful, expressive, energetic, compassionate, lively, clever, leader-ly? Great. What can you do today that embodies that future self? Do you honor your boundaries differently? Do you change the way you nourish yourself? Start being that future you, NOW. Put that future-you on every day and practice.
- Prioritize the pursuit of this vision. Create revelry habits. Read your vision weekly (at least). Recognize daily the changes you’re making and feel proud about it. Give thanks for your ability to CREATE in big and small ways. Appreciate it ALL.
- Take action. What are the milestones along the way to your vision? What happens 6 months or 1 year from now? What action do you take TODAY to meet that milestone? Do you build your network? Grow your skill? Organize your calendar differently? Do you start getting visible? Do you explore new ideas? Do you speak up? Do you take risks?
- Share your vision. Enjoy a high-five and a “You got this!” by a trusted friend or mentor. You’ve just done something that 99% of people don’t. Feel proud. You rock.
As a member of my community, I’m happy to offer you a complimentary vision tune-up session.
Book 30-minutes with me here